When a catastrophe hits, it is our natural instinct to do all we can to help those in need. After Hurricane Harvey hit the Texas coast in August, causing a state of emergency, forcing evacuation, and taking people’s lives and homes, our associates jumped into action to help those in need.
ImageFIRST locations nationwide banded together in September to collect donations for victims of Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma, Hurricane Maria, and the victims of the Mexico earthquakes. The Atlanta, New Jersey, and Lancaster locations got creative with their plans to raise money:
- Associates in the Atlanta office decided to sell t-shirts as a way to gain donations for relief efforts. Associates designed a relief t-shirt that were sold to associates, customers, and other community members.
- Our New Jersey and Lancaster offices decided that for every $5 donated, an associate would get to throw a pie in the face of a manager. This was a great way to raise money and have some fun around the office; even the General Managers got involved!
Sadly, other natural disasters continued to hit during the end of the summer. Rising to the challenge, ImageFIRST decided to go beyond the original dollar-for-dollar match. When all was said and done, ImageFIRST donated, in total:
- $5,568 to the American Red Cross (this included associate donations and the 100% match)
- $4,000 to Direct Relief in support of the victims of the Mexico earthquakes
- $4,000 to Direct Relief for relief to Puerto after Hurricane Maria
- $4,000 to Direct Relief for relief to Florida after Hurricane Irma
- $4,000 to Direct Relief for Haiti
- $4,000 to our ImageFIRST Houston location, which needed support after Hurricane Harvey
At ImageFIRST, our purpose is to positively impact the lives of our associates, our community, our customers and their patients. In addition to the recent natural disaster relief efforts, we hold annual and quarterly events locally to benefit those in need. We are devoted to dedicating our time and resources to our communities and charities alike, so that we can make a positive impact on the lives of community members every day.
To learn more about our healthcare linen rental and laundry services nationwide, as well as our ongoing community giving efforts, contact our team at 1-800-932-7472 and visit our website at www.imagefirst.com.