Quality Assurance & Infection Prevention
Is your linen program accounted for in your overall infection prevention plan?
Staff and patients both are continuously exposed to a variety of healthcare textiles, which are considered “fomites”; in other words, an object that may be contaminated with infectious organisms and serve in their transmission.
Even when a facility has a robust infection prevention plan in place, linen is often overlooked. With the ImageFIRST program, it’s one less thing you need to worry about: our laundering meets or exceeds OSHA, CDC, and HLAC standards, and complies with The Joint Commission requirements.
Take a Virtual Plant Tour
Infection Prevention that Exceed Standards
Here's how ImageFIRST’s laundering and delivery processes properly protect patients and staff, even after the products have left our plant:
- Medical Laundry Sanitation: our “Triple BioShield Protection®”process consists of a “dead on contact” wash that kills 99.999% of common pathogens*, a bacteria-inhibitor softener*. All our products are encased in a plastic for in-transit.
- Independent Laboratory Testing: a third party randomly tests our products to ensure that our laundering meet established standards.
While infection prevention is imperative for staff and patient safety, the appearance of your linen, gowns and scrubs may impact your patients’ experience or perception of your facility. That’s where robust quality assurance comes in.
Remarkable Quality Assurance
The first impression your patients get can define their perception of your practice. That’s why our “family standard” is so important: we wouldn’t give your patients something we wouldn’t give our own loved ones. Here are some of what it includes:
- Products from reputable companies, tested to ensure quality.
- “Bright White” Standard for bed & bath linen.
- Hand-inspected products and individually-packaged gowns.
Together, these processes make up what we call our "5-Point Product Quality System," our commitment to you that we put your peace of mind and assurance first.
* For supporting data, please contact Ecolab