Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion at ImageFIRST
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
ImageFIRST is composed of remarkable associates who reflect the unique diversity of our nation and the communities in which we serve. We are fortunate to have a set of Operating Principles that direct and guide us toward the right decisions and behaviors. Building upon this foundation, we pledge our commitment that ImageFIRST will work tirelessly to ensure that all ImageFIRST locations serve as safe and supportive environments where difficult conversations on racism, bias, prejudice, and discrimination can be held; both now and as our society continues to rapidly evolve.
"As the industry leader and an organization that operates on four key values (Be Respectful, Be Remarkable, Be Safe, and Be Honest), it is imperative that ImageFIRST has a culture where all voices are heard, respected, and valued."
Jim Cashman, President & Chief Executive Officer
In order to work to support and empower every individual in the ImageFIRST Family, we formed the Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DE&I) Steering Committee. This associate-led committee aims to build and execute a multi-phased and comprehensive diversity and inclusion plan to foster a culture at ImageFIRST where all voices are heard, respected, and valued.
In addition to the creation of the DE&I Steering Committee, associates will be able to form Associate Resource Groups (ARGs) to drive a more inclusive and supportive culture. As a resource to our associates, these groups will aim to bring associates, as well as their allies, with shared characteristics or life experiences together to amplify and empower unique voices across ImageFIRST.
Examples of ARGs commonly formed include:
- Women in Business
- Black/African American Heritage
- Hispanic/Latino Heritage
- Young Professionals
Diverse by Nature, Inclusive by Choice
The vision of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Steering Committee is: To have a respectful and supportive workplace that enables us to attract and retain a diverse and inclusive workforce that represents our customers and community.
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Steering Committee logo highlights the Committee’s core message: Diverse by nature, inclusive by choice. The hands represent each of us at ImageFIRST coming together to promote togetherness, inclusivity, family, respect, diversity, and unity. Each of these words were uniquely chosen to further amplify the mission of our DE&I Committee.
- Inclusive: We are committed to providing equal access to opportunities company-wide and will take deliberate action to avoid excluding any group.
- Family: Like a family, we are committed to always being there for each other: both professionally (collaborating on a project) and personally (being together or helping each other out).
- Respectful: One of the ImageFIRST Values, we are committed to respecting the feelings, experiences, and traditions of others.
- Diverse: We are committed to recruiting, welcoming, and empowering associates from a range of cultural and ethnic backgrounds, races, genders, sexual orientations, experiences, and more.
- United: We are committed to remaining united in our support for individuals at ImageFIRST and beyond.
- Together: We are committed to cultivating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace together as the ImageFIRST Family.
Putting Initiatives into Action
We have begun taking steps towards promoting diversity and inclusion both internally and externally. Some of the projects the DE&I Steering Committee is working on include:
- Develop and implement D&I training for leaders and the workforce,
- Create D&I communication tools and resources for all our plants and offices,
- Build and maintain a diverse workforce by embedding unbiased language and strategies throughout the talent landscape,
- Incorporate D&I resources and communications on our associate intranet,
- Enable the formation of Associate Resource Groups company-wide to empower our associates and promote a greater sense of community,
- Improve recruitment tactics to attract a more diverse pool of candidates.
The ImageFIRST Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Steering Committee
ImageFIRST has a steadfast commitment to cultivating a culture where all associates feel included, represented, and valued. Our work has only just begun. Stay updated on our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts by following us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, and by visiting our News section.